Start With A Plant Site Analysis
Picking the right tree, or the right spot for your tree requires a great deal of thought and research. Many homeowners don’t realize all the factors that can contribute to a tree’s success or failure. When you enlist our certified arborists to conduct a plant site analysis, we carefully examine the following factors:
- Amount of space available for the tree to mature. This includes visible structures such as garages, sheds and sidewalks, as well as underground objects like pipes, septic systems and bedrock.
- The topography of the land. Steep hills, ditches and slopes are all an important factor in the ability of a tree to remain nourished and stable.
- Soil composition is a vital element of plant site analysis. Knowing and understanding how differences in nutrient makeup effect certain species of trees makes all the different when selecting the right tree.
- Your location and the recommended hardiness zone for the particular tree of interest is also an importance factor to examine. Just about every type of tree has a recommended growing zone where they will prosper best. Unfortunately, not all trees will survive in our zone (Zone 7a). Hardiness Zone Map.
- The amount of sun and shade an area receives is key. Sun and shade patterns change with time of day, as well as time of year.
- Other things to consider would be exposure to elements like harsh winds, sprinkler systems and heavy foot traffic.
Seems like a lot of work doesn’t it? Not necessarily for the trained eye. Our arborists have a vast amount of experience with different types of trees and landscapes. Even when working with a landscape designer, it is important to have an arborist walk the property and review planting plans. The extra time and energy put into planning, will prevent you from wasting your time and money on the wrong tree.
To schedule a plant site analysis call us at 914-725-0441 or email us at email@example.com.